Blog Assignment
1. Choose an artist. They must be a guitarist or a player of a
stringed instrument similar to guitar.
2. Post a link to a video of the artist
on your blog. This must be a live
performance and not a music video.
Robert Fripp
or
3. Write a blog entry. Write 1 paragraph about why you chose this
artist and how they inspire you? What
did you learn by watching this artist?
Robert Fripp really inspires because he uses technology to create amazing sounds and pieces. He sounds like an entire orchestra at times. Some people think his music is boring, but I find it really relaxing. He traps a lot of sounds and repeats them like a loop. He also can hold notes for a long time. I am sure he uses some kind of device for that. His music is kind of sad, but makes me feel like I am floating on a cloud. I learned that guitar doesn't have to be busy and have a lot of notes like Steve Vai. Robert Fripp showed me that with technology a guitar can sound like anything. Now I can spend money on more guitar pedals.
4. Comment on 3 other people’s blog
posts. What do you think of the artist? Why? Write
in full sentences and make sure to write your name in your comment.
Evaluations to start Thursday 3/22
- A, D and E major chords
- Notes on the second string
- Wild Stringdom
Due Tuesday March 6th
- Practice Wild Stingdom (click HERE for the link)
- In your notebooks respond to the following links:
Andres Segovia
- Practice Spanish Theme (click HERE for the link)
Assignment 2 Boring Open String Duet
Welcome to Guitar 1. I am so excited about teaching you this term. Here is your first assignment:
- Create a blog for this guitar class
- Post your goals for this course on your blog
- email me your blog URL: john.arunski@ais.edu.vn
No comments:
Post a Comment